1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Just my $.02 but I'd skip the cowl hood on this one. I think they are cheesy as hell and give these trucks a bit of a ricer look. Just my opinion, but its your Burb.....and I think it looks fugging awesome the way it is.

Agreed with this one. A few trucks really pull it off but they are few and far between imo.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Just my $.02 but I'd skip the cowl hood on this one. I think they are cheesy as hell and give these trucks a bit of a ricer look. Just my opinion, but its your Burb.....and I think it looks fugging awesome the way it is.

Agreed with this one. A few trucks really pull it off but they are few and far between imo.

It would appear the "nays" have it.

It definitely has to be the right rig...and one can buy a lot of fuel for the cost of the hood and paint!

I'm also still on the hunt for some rad 16x8 Weld/Centerline/Etc 90s era wheels. I like the stock look, but a big block Suburban needs something "flashy", from 25 years ago...Scorpios, Outbacks, Typhoons, Sidewinders, etc

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Got the email last night with a tracking number for the spacers. Looking forward to putting them on.

Still bouncing back and forth on a 2-2.5" cowl hood. I had one on my '98 Z71 ECSB, but there's something to be said for a flat hood...what I'm not sure, but something.

I'd love to do the cab lights, but drilling holes in my roof sounds terrible.

Bring me a good stock hood and $200, i'm removing the 2" steel cowl hood from my 1990. It's only a few months old.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Bring me a good stock hood and $200, i'm removing the 2" steel cowl hood from my 1990. It's only a few months old.

Tempting, I'll have the baste on that this weekend.

Spacers came in yesterday, I decided to take a night off and drink cold beer instead of work on stuff. I did an oil change and fixed an exhaust leak on the 'burb Wednesday evening. Still need to get the trans and front and rear diffs taken care of. I'll pop the spacers on tonight, excited to see how they will look.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
It would appear the "nays" have it.

It definitely has to be the right rig...and one can buy a lot of fuel for the cost of the hood and paint!

I'm also still on the hunt for some rad 16x8 Weld/Centerline/Etc 90s era wheels. I like the stock look, but a big block Suburban needs something "flashy", from 25 years ago...Scorpios, Outbacks, Typhoons, Sidewinders, etc
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Comp-All...rds=pro+comp+16x8+8x6.5&qid=1592014655&sr=8-1 :deal:

Those rims and a 2" cowl would look badass.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Popped the 2" spacers on Friday night, probably could have gone another 1/2" on each side, but is far better than it was!

Had some time to build brackets for my fogs on the diesel bumper, and put everything on. I'm still waiting on some electrical parts to do the wiring, but all the hard parts are installed. Probably should have done the bumper with the impact strip, but the smoothie is growing on me.

You must be registered for see images attach