1999 CCSB drive line vibration after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope this helps

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You sure it's not pinion angle? Lifting it like that screws with the driveline angles, they need to be corrected. The 2 piece driveshaft will exacerbate it because the rear part that moves is short. That's why the GM 1 pc is the factory fix. Not gonna fly with a lift.

Jdoggat22

Reaction score
Well fellas, the drive shaft shop quoted me around 1000 for the cv setup in the pics 1999gmc sent me. So just out of chance i thought i should cut the carrier bearing mount out. I dropped the cb all the way to the top of the cross member and welded the mounting plate right on top to the cross member. This dropped my carrier bearing just over one inch. To my wallets joyess applaus.... it fixed it!

However, the ujoint at the tcase is out of phase to the other 2, the first section will still need to be reset to be in phase (ds shop) and re balanced. But this seems to be the correction for the drive shaft wobble for ccsb trucks.

I also loaded 2400 lbs of concrete debris in it today to take to the dump, which put the truck in a massive squat, and still no vibration even with out of phase ujoints.

Hope this helps future solution seekers.

Btw, duramax is in the future for this truck! Will post!

Last edited: