1998 Suburban oil pressure issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TehMater

Reaction score
Hey guys! got a 98' suburban that's having oil pressure issues. It has fine oil pressure when cold (55-60psi) but when hot will run low enough for "Check Gauges" to come on. When hot, oil pressure fluctuates with engine rpm.

Here is video with the engine "cold" - It had warmed up a little and been shut off.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here's video with the engine hot.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ignore the SES light - TCC lockout needs to be replaced.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Sooo....have you verified oil level? How old is the oil? Mechanical gauge will tell you if it's the sender or the pump.

TehMater

Reaction score
Sooo....have you verified oil level? How old is the oil? Mechanical gauge will tell you if it's the sender or the pump.
oil level is fine. oil is around 180 miles old. didn't have a mechanical gauge at the time but i put a new sender on - previous owner has dome some things that i'm a bit concerned about.
not sure this is right.
You must be registered for see images attach

TehMater

Reaction score
Ok so, bit of a late update. I've got an adapter that uses the lines that run up to the cooler, does anyone know where i can get bolts for it? I've got everything but those. My last junkyard run yielded one 4x4 gmt400 that had no engine, so that idea is scrapped (pun intended)