1998 K2500 5.7 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agent319

Reaction score
I have replaced my Dist. cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires but I am still getting a misfire. I have 157,000 miles on the vehicle. I noticed I am getting arcing on 4 plugs at the spark plug boots. Any suggestions?

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Well you'd think those were hi quality wires then. I guess check the ovious. Make sure plug wires are on the plug good.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you use the dia electric grease on the plug wires?

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not all that important, I see no benefit for sparkplugs having it other than easy installation, and too much can make your plug wire come off easy.
I suggest checking fuel pressure. If its ok, another possibility is the coil going bad.

agent319

Reaction score
It's not all that important, I see no benefit for sparkplugs having it other than easy installation, and too much can make your plug wire come off easy.
I suggest checking fuel pressure. If its ok, another possibility is the coil going bad.

You suggested coil. Is there anyway a coil can send to much or not enough juice to a spark plug?

Reason why I say that is the Chilton manual gave me 3 test procedures with an ohms meter. It passed 2 of the 3 tests. The manual said if it was not 0.1 ohm on one of the tests then it needs to be replaced. Mine was at 0.4 ohm. My gosh can it detect the difference between 0.1 ohms and 0.4 ohms? That is such little resistance it's crazy.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The coil is basically the heart of the ignition system. It provides spark for every plug. If it's shorted out or weak, it won't work properly and cause a miss.