1997 Z71 tires: MTZ, Mud Country, Open Country, or Mud Grappler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the MTZ's on my truck right now, have had them for a little over a year now. I have put 21,000 miles on them and counting. They still have tons of life left. I am trying to figure out which i want to go with next. I definitely want a mud tire. And i love the MTZ, im just thinking about trying something new. I do not mind the noise of a mud tire.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
kelly safari tsr. i had them on my truck loved them in the mud and clay they did great and good in snow also

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Nitto Trail Grappler? I haven't had them personally, but they look great and everything I've read online says they are a phenomenal tire and the sound isn't as bad as most mud tires.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im runnen cooper stts. They do great in all conditions for a mud tire. They ride a hell of alot better than my pro comps I had on it

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
i have the cooper discover stts and i love them they even ride better than my a/ts did

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had no complaints with the DC Mud country's I had. Great on road and decent enough off road. They would be a tire I would buy again. Also very impressed with my Pitbull Rockers, just a very loud tire though.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only ran them for half a year, so only would have logged 5000 miles or so on them before getting 35's. Though when I did sell them they were still like new with very little.

You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
how did your mud countrys wear dirtridinz71? I am very impressed with my MTZ's they are my second set i had 33x12.50s on my old S10. Ive only had them in snow once or twice. But they are one hell of a mud tire check this out. ALso i have tried to look for the trail grapplers, but i have 16" wheels and the only tire they make for a 16 is a 285 =[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcZj1etLnwk&context=C31ce89dADOEgsToPDskJU3bl_Pldjnj7_df1DNfga

Took you a bit to get through the hole but the truck sounds good, ive run directionals on my truck since i got it, ive had the yokahama geolandar m/t, procomp xterrain, and baja claw and never had an issue in the mud

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man. And I might go with the dc mud country's I like the look of them. Do you have hd towing mirrors on your truck??