1997 Z71 Silverado/90s era build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, went by my paint guy that’s done some previous work for me. I’ll try and summarize and describe what I'm going for but you’ll have to just see it as it’s locked in my head.

So obviously needs some paint correction/touch up. Finally chased it around with the buffer and some good polish/wax and I’ve found all the problem areas. So that will firstly be addressed by him. Next on, the Silverado badges are finally just done I think. Was hand washing and they really just wanted to come off so I did. Not sure if y’all have ever priced the oval later year style badges but they are nearly $90+ each on LMC so no way. I dreamt it up and Donny (paint guy) drew it, but he’s going to hand paint the Silverado badges back on the cab pillars instead but add a little “flare” to it. It will be done in the OG gold/yellow color and look almost like the badge, but the Silverado is going to be almost cursive looking and it will tail off into a pin stripe that’s going to run down the bed and front clip/doors that will match that the gold/yellow color. We had talked, haven’t sold myself on it yet. But he can do some pretty detailed small stuff, but adding a silhouette of cowboy with a six shooter pointing towards the front of the truck and the “Silverado” on the “o” tails off to the top of his pistol.

In addition it needs some clear shot on the top of the doors to go along with the paint getting fixed. The OG grille is nice, but needs replaced as it’s showing its age. Bouncing around the idea of paint match grille to the truck. Headlights work fine, don’t even leak water but are yellowing due to age sadly so I’ll get those on order. Have installed the cowboy hat holder, it works great and makes you laugh as it really feels like my grandfathers truck now haha. Haven’t found a CB radio that I like yet, wanna go compact for sure as I will NOT drill into that immaculate dash but want something that will mount inside the center console probably. Going to tear the radio out soon and send off for refurbishing and Bluetooth build in, should be sweet.

That’s all I got for now!