1997 Suburban build thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck man! It has to be one of my favorite burbs

Thanks man! It's always a work in progress that never seems to have any end day. Guess I will always be doing something to it.
Got the starter in today. Out in the cold, wind and ice. I am beat from today.
You must be registered for see images

Tomorrow going to run down to the repair shop and see if they can fix my regular tire since I punctured it or something while mudding.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I know what you mean about never-ending projects, I cant leave anything stock lol and I'm always changing something.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bedlined it today! May not have been the best of days to get it on, but it will look great when it is all done. Needs a few more coats, plus the roof and the door jambs etc to be done.

You must be registered for see images attach

Done for now till weather improves. Gotta scrape that off the windows too:

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why did you bedline it? The paint looked like it was in decent shape before. Everyone has their own likes for their trucks, but I think it looked better when it was green. Then again, I can't say anything since I have a dark blue truck with olive drab rockers, haha.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why did you bedline it? The paint looked like it was in decent shape before. Everyone has their own likes for their trucks, but I think it looked better when it was green. Then again, I can't say anything since I have a dark blue truck with olive drab rockers, haha.

Paint was in decent shape, but if you looked closer it had alot of scratches. I wheel the hell out of it, and needed something durable for when I go running through stuff. Only downside to bedliner is that you can't wash it with a towel or rag, only a brush. When I get the lift and tires on, it should look alot better :)

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks great. I like the flat black look. Did you remove the side molding?

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it looks great. I like the flat black look. Did you remove the side molding?

Thanks!! Yes I did remove it, I just need to get an eraser wheel or wire wheel and remove the glue/tape. It's very hard to remove.

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I thought. couldn't tell if the molding was still on or if was the glue. An eraser wheel or a heat gun will work great to remove the glue. I wouldn't use a wire wheel unless you want deep scratches on the side of your truck lol