1997 Express 1500 C100 Pinout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully someone out there has one or access to one. I have spent several hours searching for the C100 diagram for my 97 1500 Express Van 5.7L. I would also like one of the underhood fuse box too, but that should be easy enough to trace out so not as concerned there.

I have found and downloaded the Upfitters manual for the 2016 my new engine harness will be wired with as well as a 2009 TBSS PCM pinout but have yet to find the simple C100 pinout for my 1997.

Thank You in advance if you happen to have one.

My Express is getting a 58x, E67, DBW, CNP and 6L90E swap soon enough.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the way to me. $48 shipped on Ebay. Hopefully has the C100 pinout in it.

I am sure alot of the GMT400 carry over stuff is detailed in the manual as well if anyone finds themself needing obscure information on the carry over chassis, powertrain, dtc code work charts, etc.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, as long as the editor didn't omit it unintentionally, it should be in there. It's a very important connector.

I know my 1999 manual has many errors. I mean, pin numbers, wire colors, typos ---it's crazy how many errors. Even missing connectors.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I know the 400 era pickups are popular; but I do not understand why the other '97 truck and van platform manuals are so cheap compared to the C/K series books.....are they very rare compared to the other books or is it just people taking advantage of the desire for them?
Your '99 books may be advance production copies; I can believe GM had running changes on the '99s cause they ran the model year extra time.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the 400 era pickups are popular; but I do not understand why the other '97 truck and van platform manuals are so cheap compared to the C/K series books.....are they very rare compared to the other books or is it just people taking advantage of the desire for them?
Your '99 books may be advance production copies; I can believe GM had running changes on the '99s cause they ran the model year extra time.
My guess is popularity and demand on the truck ones. I was flabbergasted to find the van ones as inexpensive as I did, especially NOS ones that were still sealed. I figure the van ones will still have information pertaining even to my Tahoe given the similarities in chassis, electronics, airbag systems, ABS, etc.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My guess is popularity and demand on the truck ones. I was flabbergasted to find the van ones as inexpensive as I did, especially NOS ones that were still sealed. I figure the van ones will still have information pertaining even to my Tahoe given the similarities in chassis, electronics, airbag systems, ABS, etc.
Yeah that makes sense, it's kinda amazing that when these trucks were new, you could order the manuals directly from Helm for only $90.....
The order blank is still in the back of the owners manual for my crew cab. Dad would get the GM books for every new car we had, which is where some of my collection came from. I have the first 3 volumes of the '99 C/K 400 books, just missing #4( which is the one with the body and interior stuff, and the one I could use on various things on the crew cab and Burb).