1996 tahoe p0307

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natedawwg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1996 tahoe 2 door 350 i put the mpfi conversion about 2.5 yrs ago had num 2 injector go bad stuck open about a week ago fixed it new injector but now i have number 7 missfire fuel pressure is at 62 primeing and 54 idleing, holds pressure too took about 15 mins for 10 lbs to bleed off idleing its sometimes not present at all when in gear its more noticible and lower rpms and lower mph its pretty noticible high/ full throttle none at all injector pulse is correct and its getting spark plug is not fouled at all i tested 7 1 2 plugs/ wires with a inline tester all 3 looked the same but in the pictures u can tell the bright flash is from it hitting but the other one im not sure if thats normal or its arcing. If its arcing wouldnt it affect more than 1 cyl? Also the less bright flash in the pic is consistant with all 3 of the plugs/wires i tested Also smellsblike somthing is on fire im thinking that is a oxygen rich mix burn? Not sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-155812_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-155812_Video Player.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220120-155751_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-155751_Video Player.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1

Natedawwg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also put a new distributor in end of july early august, at that time i had p0300 and the cap/rotor didnt look bad but i didnt want to take a chance on if it was cam sensor, cap and rotor, or a worn gear and i decided to just get a whole new one with all being new

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1996 tahoe 2 door 350 i put the mpfi conversion about 2.5 yrs ago had num 2 injector go bad stuck open about a week ago fixed it new injector but now i have number 7 missfire fuel pressure is at 62 primeing and 54 idleing, holds pressure too took about 15 mins for 10 lbs to bleed off idleing its sometimes not present at all when in gear its more noticible and lower rpms and lower mph its pretty noticible high/ full throttle none at all injector pulse is correct and its getting spark plug is not fouled at all i tested 7 1 2 plugs/ wires with a inline tester all 3 looked the same but in the pictures u can tell the bright flash is from it hitting but the other one im not sure if thats normal or its arcing. If its arcing wouldnt it affect more than 1 cyl? Also the less bright flash in the pic is consistant with all 3 of the plugs/wires i tested Also smellsblike somthing is on fire im thinking that is a oxygen rich mix burn? Not sure
A wall of text with no punctuation?

Connect a scan tool, look at the data stream. Verify all "tune-up" parts--plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, fuel pressure, PCV, etc.

Natedawwg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plugs wires cap rotor, and entire distributor replaced this past aug. I have eliminated fuel entirley. pcv i have not changed as far as i know original to the truck but i hear it rattle so i thought that ment its good. Filter was replaced after injector got replaced when i found out it was stuck open. Also cel light came back when driving it flashes the miss is pretty noticible but then it stops flashing and melows out but still noticible, seems like its intermitant would a bad ignition module cause this?

Natedawwg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure if you seen the 2 pictures but tbe brighter light is when it hits the terminal and the less brighter light in picture 2 is consistantly lighting up like that untill num 7 terminal is hit

Natedawwg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have these also
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach