1996 Chevy 5.7l 350 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New to the group! 1996 Tahoe 5.7l 350 Vortec, block has about 25,000..maybe less, original 350 motor blew a gasket and made vanilla ice cream.

If y’all can point me in the direction of a good cam kit I’d be appreciate it… I just want to do a mild build keeping the efi pushing 300hp N/A. I don’t wanna have to send the block off to get bored over. Planning on doing the 411 pcm swap, heard it was good for tuning. Thanks in advance
You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going to put a converter in it? I suggest a S10 converter at the minimum. Performance Torque Converters of Texas in Kennedale built my 4L85E converter for my van. A decent converter with the stock cam will make a bigger difference in performance than a performance cam with the stock converter. The stock exhaust and air intake is also a much larger bottle neck than the stock cam. The stock long block will make over 300 hp the way it sits, once you get air in, exhaust out and the tuning dialed in.