1996 C2500 Extra Cab Drivers Seat Slide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a fairly low mile 1996 C2500 Silverado extra cab with the power 60/40 seat. On the passenger side, hitting the lever on the seat back will release the seat back and then cause the entire seat to move forward about a foot. On the driver's seat, hitting the same lever rocks the seat back forward, but the base stays put solid. Is it supposed to fly forward like the passenger side? It is power so if I am patient, I can just move the seat with the button. I do have the owner's manual, but it's not super clear. It does sound like it should work the same way to me though. If it is defective, any parts diagram to see where the stuck release latch is? I looked under the passenger side but the tracks are very different side to side design wise and I do not see the same release on the drivers side that's so easy to spot on the passenger side..

Edit, I think I found my answer on another forum. They posted that the passenger seat was the only one listed as having the quick forward release when the driver's seat was power.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC