1995 suburban 4l60 trouble :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I would definitely go that route. If i could find a durable trans for my 98 that cheap, I would not be in the middle of building a 3/4 ton 5 speed. About the years, maybe it was a 96 trans we converted to fit a 98. Also, there is a vent on the passenger side. It puking fluid is another sure sign that she is toast.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'd like to add that the whole passenger underside is wet with trans fluid, is there a vent on too the trans?
It's in the barn now getting ready to be pulled.
So I'm stuck between doin it myself or there's a guy a few hours away who rebuilds them and has a 95 ready to go.
"I have one its rebuilt with transgo shift kit hardened sunshell, corvette servo, unbreakable pump rings, billet accumulators new epc solenoid all reybestoes cluthes steels band and sprags $975 exchange"
That's what he said , 975 doesn't seem too bad to me. He's located in Woodstock ontario and runs a transmission shop. He looks to have many 4l60e with the same upgrades.

Sound good?

Do thatbi dont even need a tranny and if that was close to me id go buy it