1995 Chevy C1500 Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've had my OBS for almost a year now and I've just got around to having the money to customize it and really make it "mine". So I was wondering if there's any recommendations on what leveling kit to put on it basically I just want the front end to be level or a little higher than the rear end stock. Would a leveling kit or a lift kit be better, and which one? I'd greatly appreciate any and all advice and direction.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
My $.02 is do a reverse level, if all you want to do is have the front end level, and drop the rear. Your ride will be a lot more comfortable and you won't have alignment and balljoint issues like some coil spacers can cause. If you wan't to go up, do the rough country (or similar) 4"/2" spindle kit. There are tons of write-ups on this site about them, so you have some good options.

Last edited:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Agreed, i did a 2" lift level. Never was satisfied, just look like a stock 4wd. If you drop the rear you can maintain stock tire size & imho look cleaner.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Agreed, i did a 2" lift level. Never was satisfied, just look like a stock 4wd. If you drop the rear you can maintain stock tire size & imho look cleaner.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Exactly. A lot of guys will drop the rear to level, then add a 2" body lift to effectively do what OP is looking for. You'll show some frame, but honestly it doesn't look terrible.