1995 c1500. Bad ecm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frisco

Reaction score
So ive had a code 22 for low tps voltage which I had been messing with for a while eventually figured out theres a seal you need to get accurate reading. so im getting proper voltage at the sensor and back probing the ecm connector i disconnected battery for about 5 minutes ran and left key on for like 10 minutes code wont clear. I would clear it with a reader but i dont have one. also it has other weird problems like headlights come one when i press brake and blinkers dont come one if i dont press the brake and they dont flash they just stay solid. Another thing though is that the coolant temp sensor was out so i replaced it code went away so im just looking for some advice. Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
PCM won't have anything to do with your headlights, blinkers, etc. It sounds like you've got some broken or missing grounds in the engine compartment.

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't clear codes on OBD-2 by disconnecting the battery. You'll need a scan tool or code-reader to clear the codes.

If ALL the turnsignals come on at the same time, and don't blink when you press the brake pedal, I'd be looking at the hazard flasher switch and it's wiring.

Texasprd

Reaction score
... theres a seal you need to get accurate reading.
In what way does that seal affect the voltage reading from the TPS? This looks like a very thick square-cut o-ring? But possibly made of a soft material like foam?

I need to replace the TPS on my wife's '95 truck and I notice that none of the aftermarket TPSs include the seal, nor does the OE-replacement AC Delco unit 213895. So, I'm wondering what problems can be related to that seal as I have to wonder what shape the OE 27 year old seal will be in after I remove the TPS.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has other weird problems like headlights come one when i press brake and blinkers dont come one if i dont press the brake and they dont flash they just stay solid.

There was another member who had a problem very much like this (brake-on caused weird signals, and the engine wouldn't shut off if he kept his foot on the brake while turning IGN off). His problem turned out to be the turn signal / hazard switch assembly. He replaced it and the problem went away.

The link to the thread is here:

And since the OP hasn't been on GMT400 since May(!), I guess I posted this for Any Interested Readers.

Last edited:

Texasprd

Reaction score
Can't you just make a new seal or gasket?
It's not a gasket (as in a flat piece of paper/rubber) - if it was, then I could probably do that. My understanding is that it's a cylindrical piece of foam of unknown type/properties and unknown (so far) thickness. I've considered the idea of stacking square-cut o-rings, but I don't know how thick the stack would have to be. But if there is no real effect to not having that seal, then all those issues go away. That's why I want more information regarding the OP's statement that not having that seal causes incorrect TPS output. It seems unlikely to me, but I can certainly be wrong.

Last edited: