1994 k1500 wild misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

name

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What steps did you take to remove debris from the intake passages after sanding the mounting surface?

I stuffed two rags down there when sanding, then hosed it down with brake cleaner, then pulled the rags out and hosed it down again.

Confirm that the pintle on the new IAC valve has the same form and dimensions as that on the former IAC valve. The pintle has to have a specific shape to work as designed with the corresponding bleed hole in the body.

They are the same, I even threw the old IAC back in there because it had a wear mark on one spot of the pintel and I thought it would make the difference, But it did not.

If your IAC (idle air control) valve is disconnected or malfunctioning, it may be the culprit.

I know it is connected, and I know it does make some changes to the idle from cold to warm, but I can not ruel out it malfuncting . When i got it I just threw it in not knowing there was a set procedure I have since followed the procedure, but it has made no difference in how it acts. The one thing that I do find puzzeling is the instruction sheet said that some came with 2 caskets and some only came with one but I am not sure if that would make a difference. Mine only came with one and is installed with only one.

You can potentially improve the factory grounds by replacing the conductors (if corroded or if known to be inadequate) and cleaning the connections / connectors and attaching screws / bolts (if rusted, corroded).

I am pretty confident in the ones I did clean up, even applied Fluid Film whan done. but the one on the back of the head and the one by the gas fill tube I could not get to .
( witch is kinda why I just threw some " extra " ones on there.