1994 k1500 5.7 spark plug wire loom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone bought new ones for their truck? I’ve been looking online but can’t really decide which ones to buy. I’m not familiar with this part. Thanks in advance.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone bought new ones for their truck? I’ve been looking online but can’t really decide which ones to buy. I’m not familiar with this part. Thanks in advance.

For OE-style, you will need 4 of the 4-wire bracket mount that route behind the valve cover near the firewall. Dorman has them as part number 40295. 4 of the 2-wire vertical holders just above the spark plugs, Napa PN 7353594. And four of the 2 wire horizontal holders, Autozone has them as PN WH1002. I could never find one kit that had them all, so you kind of have to mix and match.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Easy for a SBC, as thats what all the companies design for.

If you're looking at aftermarket, I like some of the Moroso offerings. Also there is a company that specializes in plastic.... "Made for You Products" that has some nice stuff.

Disclaimer: I have purchased none of what I suggested, but did do some looking for my Buick, and 454.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks functional.
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a thousand ways to route the plug wires.

MAKE SURE that #5 and #7 plug wires don't run parallel within 1/2 inch of each other--greater separation is better.

If 5 and 7 plug wires are routed parallel to each other, and too close together, they can inductively cross-fire. When the spark is intended for #5, #7 has a full fuel-air mix in the cylinder, but no compression. It takes little voltage to blow a spark across #7 spark plug gap--meaning it fires 90 degrees early, trying to turn the crank the wrong direction. Evil things happen.

my current setup with zip ties.
You must be registered for see images attach
^^^ That scares me. #5 and #7 routed parallel, tied together with almost no separation.