1993 GMC Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I was wondering why you tagged me in it and I thought, hell that's pretty cool so I searched for 20 minutes :lol:

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
well had the vior off for a while but i cleaned the wiring up so it doesnt hang down over my windshield and i re applied some new bedliner(trying DIFFERENT BRAND) for my visor yes i painted my visor in bead liner

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
visors back on 2 lights dont work :( looking at doing a bunch of suspension work n lifting 2 inches soon as i get my fd check

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Why are you lifting it? Why not deal with some of the rust first?

Dude, you've been asking about fog lights, bumpers and valences, adjustable fuel pressure regulators.......why not start with tackling the rust? I know it's not as much fun, but modding a truck that is being eaten alive just kind of seems pointless, IMO. Not trying to bust your balls, just curious if there's a reason you aren't doing it yet. A couple front fenders from a junkyard should cost about as much as lift blocks, I would think. Get some POR-15 and spray the inside and underside. Save the outside for when the rest of the truck is done and you can do a full repaint.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Why are you lifting it? Why not deal with some of the rust first?

Dude, you've been asking about fog lights, bumpers and valences, adjustable fuel pressure regulators.......why not start with tackling the rust? I know it's not as much fun, but modding a truck that is being eaten alive just kind of seems pointless, IMO. Not trying to bust your balls, just curious if there's a reason you aren't doing it yet. A couple front fenders from a junkyard should cost about as much as lift blocks, I would think. Get some POR-15 and spray the inside and underside. Save the outside for when the rest of the truck is done and you can do a full repaint.

Word. Appearance mods should only come after you have a solid truck to work on, otherwise you're just throwing money away.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
i know i want to but the issue is i have no where to work on it with winter coming the rust since winter is coming the panels would sit either in my barn or storage over winter which will cause them to rust i would work on it in my barn if my truck could fit in there,

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
im hoping i can atleast get my new driverside door on b4 winter hits cause me n my stepdad will do it together the same day we are pulling to engine out of our other suburban

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
Now that i think about it if i hurry and go get fenders on monday from the yard and get them ready to go on my truck (after my stepdad is done using it as his daily) i can get them on b4 winter what could i use to prevent the new panels from rusting incase i gotta drive my truck sometime this winter cause of snow ( cant take my car sometimes) would PO-15 work??? cause then i could get the front door and fenders done :) thanks for the modivation guys lol

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Now that i think about it if i hurry and go get fenders on monday from the yard and get them ready to go on my truck (after my stepdad is done using it as his daily) i can get them on b4 winter what could i use to prevent the new panels from rusting incase i gotta drive my truck sometime this winter cause of snow ( cant take my car sometimes) would PO-15 work??? cause then i could get the front door and fenders done :) thanks for the modivation guys lol

You could POR the inside parts of the fenders that are in the wheel wells. As long as you keep them clean through the winter (inside and out) and make sure nothing builds up and sits on the inside of the fender lips you should be fine.