1993 Blazer gauge cluster swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blazehorse

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive found a 1994 suburban cluster i want to put into my truck, mine has oil temp batt and fuel and the suburban has all that PLUS a tachometer (which is something i really want in my truck) now is this a plug and play deal or would i have to mess around with some wires to make it work?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plug and play wiring wise but you will have to install temp and oil pressure sensors instead of switches.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure there are no 1992-1994 idiot light clusters...and that he just threw you with his wording. Sounds to me 100% like he's wanting to swap a non-tach cluster for a tach cluster, and yes, direct swap just throw that sucker in.

Richard

93blazehorse

Reaction score
yes! hes right! i work 8 hour shifts at a diesel place my brain is done after im off, but yes! thats good to know, i think i know what im doing this weekend! thanks so much guys!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And just for sake of anyone else reading this, stick to the same # of cylinders, and fuel type, when doing cluster swaps. In other words a diesel cluster won't work right in your gas truck, and you don't want a V6 cluster for your V8 truck, or vice-versa. Ya know? The tach won't read correctly. Someone forever ago posted the info to hack it to fix that but I have no idea where it is.

OH, and if you've never pulled one of these clusters before, on automatic trans trucks be sure you unclip the string that operates the gear indicator first. It's clipped on at the bottom of the shift bowl trim on the column, and wraps around it over to the cluster. Real simple to just slide the clip off. Otherwise, you're gonna break it when you remove the cluster.

Richard