1992 C2500 Silverado Ext Cab Solo Baric L7 12 underseat enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1992 c2500 Silverado Ext Cab I purchased 2 solobaric L7 12 subs but the underseat box I was going to purchase is no longer being manufactured

https://www.rhinobassbox.com/productdisplay/1988-1998-gm-ext-cab-2-12-l7-kicker-sub-box

I was going to buy this one but according to the seller it wouldn't fit either
https://www.hifisoundconnection.com...bwoofer-Enclosure-Sub-Box-GM2X10-99-06-KICKER

Any suggestions? I was going to try my hand at building the first one but I don't know the dimensions of the box or the dimensions under my back seat.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put one in the back of mine. Took the back seat out to fit it lol. To my knowledge you can't fit one of those under the seat let alone with enough cubic feet in the box to make them perform optimally.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2. The Kicker L7 12"s require a minimum of 1.25 cubic ft of air space in a sealed box. That first box you linked is listed at 1.4 cubic ft, and I guarantee you that's not compensated for woofer volume. It would work, but you wouldn't be getting anywhere near their full potential. Something closer to 2 cubic ft of airspace each would be much better for those L7s.

Reaction score
Thanks, I understand it won't be optimal but I need to keep my backseat functional so I have to have something that will let me have both. I doubt I will ever use them to their full potential.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gotcha. The L7 squares are nice, I still have some older ones from a previous vehicle sitting around. The only reason I mentioned the box volume deal is that you could probably sell the L7s and use the funds on a different pair of 12"s with a standard mounting hole that are designed for a smaller box. That would give you a lot more options for pre-fab boxes.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would save the l 7s for something else. The foreword fireing box works well with kicker comp 10s . It will get pretty loud. I swapped out the kickers for image dynamics and it is not as loud but has better sound quality. I would not go larger than a 10.

8flat

Reaction score
What do you guys think of using a shallow design sub (like the JL 12TW3-d4 Here ) and putting it in a box behind the extended cab rear seat? I measured the space, it'd be tight but I think it'd fit. Would be nice to leave the space under the seat open.