1991 Reg Cab Step Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdrolling

Reaction score
Old thread, but I've been looking everywhere to find out how to install this bed shaver kit.

Found the builder of the kit on ebay mostly doing s10 kits but he agreed to build me one for my truck so hopefully I'll have it soon.

What did you use to attach the fiberglass kit to the steel bed? I see you don't have the truck anymore but wasn't sure if you still followed the group or not.

hdrolling

Reaction score
So after searching some more and finding a bunch of pics in other groups it's looks like you just remove the bumper and cut off the steps at the bottom on the the recessed body line. Then use a panel bonding adhesive to attach the panels, guessing some primer and block sanding before paint and clear.

Hoping to do this myself so I can say I did all the mods on my truck myself. More pics of anyone's work while they were doing this would be great if it's still a thing or anyone that took pics during the process.

Not my pic, just a decent pre-painted pic for referance.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old thread, but I've been looking everywhere to find out how to install this bed shaver kit.

Found the builder of the kit on ebay mostly doing s10 kits but he agreed to build me one for my truck so hopefully I'll have it soon.

What did you use to attach the fiberglass kit to the steel bed? I see you don't have the truck anymore but wasn't sure if you still followed the group or not.
OP hasn't been seen in here since 2017. If you get an answer from him, I'll eagerly watch. I've got a setup on my '89 as an upcoming winter project...

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Not entirely sure how the shaver kit works, but stepside beds are not fiberglass or metal. I believe it's SMC or something like that. There is a sticky in the paint/body section. I'd hate to see a lot of hard work crack due to using the wrong materials. If you already knew this, my bad. If you didn't, your welcome!!! LOL

hdrolling

Reaction score
Not entirely sure how the shaver kit works, but stepside beds are not fiberglass or metal. I believe it's SMC or something like that. There is a sticky in the paint/body section. I'd hate to see a lot of hard work crack due to using the wrong materials. If you already knew this, my bad. If you didn't, your welcome!!! LOL

Great info, I'll head to that section and do some more research. My kit is finished and shipped already so I should be able to start soon.