1988 Stepside-Soon to be Fleetside SWB in Australia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do you want one of those Stupid Animals They are in plague proportions now-No joke when you get off at Melbourne airport you will see them grazing on grass in the paddocks. We have them around the Suburbs these days as housing expands into regional areas.

They are dangerous, will kick the Crap out of you, And I see a lot of damage they cause to cars, trucks etc when they are hit-It ain't Pretty.

I'd compare them to Deer.

that they are!! had a 7ft grey take the side of my van out (combo) in 2011.

Aussie_Chevy

Reaction score
how did you get classic rego on that?

QLD I can only get 30 yr registration. (same yr truck.)

Hey another Aussie truck owner on here Cool, Well It's not registration it's on Club Permit 90 day use a year only, otherwise I'd have to convert the Truck to RHD.

I believe New South Wales has a similar club permit system to Victoria.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Love this kinda stuff good luck on the build.

Aussie_Chevy

Reaction score
Well, It has been a while I have been busy restoring other cars and I still have 3x cars to restore as well, but this summer I intend to paint my Truck it's long overdue and kind of embarrassing driving around with a beater .
So I ordered a Rollpan from Summit, fantastic customer service too & super fast shipping to Australia, I intend to dummy fit everything so I can remount the exhaust prior to applying bed liner to inner bed & paint exterior.
Discarded those Butt Ugly Mirrors for Sport Truck mirrors, looks good now.

Got to get a 2 inch cowl Hood, next and I all so thought about updating the 88 front for a 96, but sort of like the 88 now, might keep it just change the Amber reflectors to Clear type.

Any places you guys recommend to buy GMT400 truck stuff that is Ok quality/fit? example complete grille assembly, lights & reflectors.
I know about LMC, RockAuto, Summit, Jegs, Amazon, Ebay.