193 TBI to TPI head swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyg1975

Reaction score
I built a pretty healthy TBI 350 for my 95' Z71, back around 07'. I used the 083 TPI heads, fully ported, flowed 250 CFM on the intake side, 180 CFM on the exhaust side, 2.02/1.6 valves, Edelbrock TBI manifold that had the throttle bores machined for a 454 Throttle Body, (2.0 inch diameter), with port matched intake side, Comp Cams 252XFI H13 Cam, true 9.5:1 compression ratio, fully balanced and blueprinted short block. I ran a 350 Throttle Body that was bored out to 2 inch bores (454 size), and 80 lb/hr 454 injectors, I used a Walbro fuel pump to get the volume up, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator turned up to around 10 pounds of fuel pressure. I just ran a JET stage 2 chip in it, on the dyno at the crank it made 390 horsepower and 425 foot pounds of torque and was very driveable, and always passed emissions no problem. I ran Shorty headers, high flow cat, flowmaster cat-back exhaust and sounded great. I wish I never would have sold it but I needed the money!!

labarrejr

Reaction score
The tuned port system from the F-body cars is good for low end power. If you look back into some of the super Chevy or hotrod magazines, the did some testing on the tune port engines and said they are a better fit for a truck than a car.