18" Jeep Sahara Wheels on 1991 2wd. Need spacer advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I actually just ordered a set of adapters from http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ fantastic service over there and they know off the top of their head the hub diameters and lug sizes for all kinds of stuff. The set me up with a set of 4 adapters wheel centric and hub centric, 1.5" thick with 20 nice new chrome lug nuts for $340 shipped

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I actually just ordered a set of adapters from http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ fantastic service over there and they know off the top of their head the hub diameters and lug sizes for all kinds of stuff. The set me up with a set of 4 adapters wheel centric and hub centric, 1.5" thick with 20 nice new chrome lug nuts for $340 shipped

I will report back on the quality when they arrive

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No sir. I do not want to lower it at all. In fact I am hoping stepping up from 15 to 18 inch wheels will give me an extra little bit of ground clearance.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to update this thread after I got the wheels on last year haha here you go.

You must be registered for see images attach

Adapters are super high quality. Let me put it like this. I installed them and the wheels last year and had to replace the wheel hubs a couple months later due to a hanging brake caliper(just replaced everything while I was in there) after I took all the lugs out, I had to stand on the wheel hub, attach a slag hammer to the adapter and literally do a full squat upward thrust to get them off. The machining was so perfect to the hub and with the surfaces being rough anyway they were a huge pain to get off. I have no lack of confidence in them while i'm driving down the road.

Bigfoot

Zombie Response Team
Reaction score
Looks good man, I don't know if I can justify spending almost 400 on spacers though. I love the look.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I saw a set of 1.5" spacers at a swap meet today. 5x5 bolt pattern but they were 1/2x20 instead of 1/2x14

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a set of 1.5" spacers at a swap meet today. 5x5 bolt pattern but they were 1/2x20 instead of 1/2x14

Don't.

The only way it's EVER even relatively safe to run adapters is when they are super high quality and made to be hub and wheel centric. Cheap SPACERS are really unsafe man.

Yeah if I would have known at the time they required adapters to clear the wheel hubs I wouldn't have bought the wheels I don't think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975