1500 to 2500 IFS Conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My brother is buying a 2500 parts truck for the body panels and I was wondering what was involved in switching the front end of my 1500 to a 2500.
Obviously I want the transfer case, front diff, and what else? Do I need the upper & lower control arms, torsion bars, torsion keys, axles, and hubs or can I just get the axles and hubs and use them on my control arms?

Another question, will all this be a direct swap for a rough country 6" suspension lift? If I have to do any fabrication I am not going to bother. I should also mention the K2500 is 8 lug.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I like that answer!

Yeah well I just spent almost $500 replacing everything while I'm installing the lift. Only one thing was actually bad and everything else looks like it went 120,000 miles from the factory. It's time to replace everything anyway because I know the added stress of bigger tires will destroy it all anyway and I most certainly don't want to have to replace anything during the winter.

On top of all those parts being useless if I went to a 3/4 ton front end, I'd also have to pull the front end out of the 3/4 ton truck, buy all new parts yet again, and than still have to waste time refabricating my brand new lift. I don't think it's worth my time or money lol.