1 ton torsion bars in my 1/2 ton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
i got an 89 stepside i was thinking about throwing some 1 ton torsion bars and after market keys in the front, and just an aal in the back. Anyone done this before if so how much height did u gain and is it worth the time? thanks.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
put 1tons on my blazer and used stock keys. using after market keys does'nt do anything really. i'd say it gained me atleast 2" at previous position on the adjuster bolt. i think if you can get the bars for $100 it's surely worth it as a lift. if you are doing it for changing the feel of the front end cause of a plow or something then for sure it's worth it also.

Reaction score
Are the 1 ton torsions actually much stronger? and do they fit in the 1/2 ton control arms? I've been looking into this too.

jeck11

Reaction score
I'm also curious about doing this. What do you all need for the swap and is it better than cranking the 1/2 ton bars or does it put the same amount of stress on the front end components?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Reading about this has me curious as well especially considering i have both a 1 ton and a 1/2 ton. I gotta get both trucks on even ground one day. But where both are parked is fairly even and i have noticed that the 1 ton sits at least 2" taller then the 1/2 ton. The 1 ton is on 245/75R16 tires and the 1/2 ton is on 265/75R16s. At this stage if i could get the 1/2 ton to sit the same height as the 1 ton i would be happy with it. I will def have to look into the cost of new 1 ton T bars.

jeck11

Reaction score
If you guys dive into this post some pics and links to the needed parts! I really want to do this!