0411 swap issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did my 411 swap today.

97 k2500 7.4 with Whipple.

It ran great before the swap. Now it runs like ass, I have to hold the gas to keep it running. Not throwing a CEL but I pulled codes p0103 and p0713. Connections look good on the pcm.

Any ideas? I've got towing to do this week.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Double and triple check your pinouts, and that no pins are bent, missing the socket.

Other than that, verify the program with your tuner. I can't help you much more than that, check the basics first before you talk to the tuner.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, and that's the other part, it's a generic base tune. I don't know if those corrupt or not

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Physically check all the pins for alignment and that all of the wiring is correct.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
trying to run forced induction on a stock tune is no bueno!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Has the tune been modified for a 2 or 3 bar map sensor? That's one of the questions I would ask when I called whoever gave you the tune.

If I am not mistaken, when swapping to a 411, you need to do a CASE relearn, but yours may not run long enough to do that, if it keeps wanting to stall out.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm going to throw an idea out there, but I wonder if the whipple add on computer is messing with the 0411? When I did my truck I put larger injectors and tuned the blackbox, however I am swapping to a 0411 tuned for the whipple.

I would ditch the whipple electronics, It's the largest variable and I'm willing to bet nobody has tuned a 0411 with it.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I've ran 2 Whipples and on both of them I scrapped the electronics. Chunk them, get a proper tune, and you should be golden.