0411 benefits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. I ended up rebuilding a new Vortec 5.7 and upgraded the cam. I'm going to have a new person tune the truck, so I'm starting over tuning wise. Is there a benefit to running the 0411 ecm over the Black Box? I don't have crazy mods, but I run electric fans, upgraded spider, CompCams 4x4 towing cam, deleted the EGR system, deleted the cats, stock exhaust, lifted 6" with 33" tires (soon to be 35)

Is it worth the effort to repin and replace the black box ecm? Will it run better, or is the black box ecm more than fine?
I would 0411 swap it just for the ease of tuning. A cheep dongle and free software and you can do it yourself. Plus the 0411 is faster and has higher resolution in the tables

lbeninger

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. I ended up rebuilding a new Vortec 5.7 and upgraded the cam. I'm going to have a new person tune the truck, so I'm starting over tuning wise. Is there a benefit to running the 0411 ecm over the Black Box? I don't have crazy mods, but I run electric fans, upgraded spider, CompCams 4x4 towing cam, deleted the EGR system, deleted the cats, stock exhaust, lifted 6" with 33" tires (soon to be 35)

Is it worth the effort to repin and replace the black box ecm? Will it run better, or is the black box ecm more than fine?
It's worth it in tunning alone.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's worth it in tunning alone.
Stock tune for stock tune the 0411 on the Express tune or P59 on the Mexican GMT800 tune run better than the black box ever thought about. It is not so much a big power gain as it is a big change in drivability. The engine starts quicker, idles smoother, slower and leaner when it is cold, throttle response is better, transmission shifts better, etc.