0411 benefits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone..

I've got a 98 k1500. Its tuned by Black Bear Performance, and runs pretty well. The engine is stock for the most part... Stock cam, and I'm running electric fans. Would the 0411 ECM make the truck run better than the 98 black box ecm? Would it run smoother and just perform better? I'm just curious if its worth it or not, especially because I would have to re-tune.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The biggest benefit in my opinion is just being able to tune it yourself with cheap tools and free software. The black box requires HP tuners. The 0411 is a faster processor and has more adjustment points. It also allows you to control your electric fans much better.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The biggest benefit in my opinion is just being able to tune it yourself with cheap tools and free software. The black box requires HP tuners. The 0411 is a faster processor and has more adjustment points. It also allows you to control your electric fans much better.
The electric fans part is interesting to me. Currently, I control my fans with the ECM for temp, and use a trinary switch for my A/C. Will the 0411 control the fans via pressure from the sensors for a/c when connected to a GMT400 truck? Would the idle quality be better? Not that my truck runs bad by any means, but my wifes 2010 tahoe starts and idles smoother. It seems more refined.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 0411 supports dual speed, dual fans. It will turn on low speed using either AC on/off or pressure depending on which OS base you use. The F-body 2156 OS used AC pressure sensor. I'm not sure on the idle quality. I have seen several people say that it does improve the idle, but I don't really have a comparison.

eXo0us

Reaction score
Both my 2000 Chevy Express 5.7L Vortec and my current 2002 Workhorse 5.7L have the 411. They are idling excellent.

But are picky on sensors as heck. Crankshaft, O2, Knock Sensor, need changing after a couple of years and the 411 only speaks with OEM/ ACdelco.
Otherwise - constant CEL and random errors.

If you switch to 411 - just be prepared - to change all the sensors as well.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both my 2000 Chevy Express 5.7L Vortec and my current 2002 Workhorse 5.7L have the 411. They are idling excellent.

But are picky on sensors as heck. Crankshaft, O2, Knock Sensor, need changing after a couple of years and the 411 only speaks with OEM/ ACdelco.
Otherwise - constant CEL and random errors.

If you switch to 411 - just be prepared - to change all the sensors as well.
Most of my sensors were OE until recently on my 97 Van. I have changed the crankshaft position once, the knock sensor a couple of times over the years and the MAF and MAP are different setups now. LS7 MAF and a L31 Marine MAP.

eXo0us

Reaction score
99K an change. It has had an 0411 since it had 60 some odd K on it.
maybe it's more a mileage then an age thing. 3rd of 4th crank. 3rd knock. 2nd set of all O2 sensors.
I keep a new crank sensor in my glovebox. That thing just randomly gives out and lets you stranded on the side of the road.

and no I got it correctly gapped and the crank is not digging in a grove.