00 CCSS K2500 "Helga"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
"I'd it common for the tortion bars to start dropping? My passenger side is scrubbing more and more lately. We took it on a trip yesterday full of people and it was eating the fender on that side all day. I lifted it an even number of turns when I did it so I'm not sure what to do from this point. "

Maybe the torsion bar adjuster bolt threads are pulled? A new bolt may be in your future.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I only turned them in four turns. I don't know why that would have stressed them but I'll have a look this evening.

Last edited:

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard the bars can start sagging from age after a while... Perhaps that is what yours are doing. Btw, I love the stepside bed but now the rest of the truck needs repainting, looks outta place with a nice bed and dirty old cab/doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
****, she's still going!

Getting ready to finally rebuild the steering system after it wallowing in the road for all this time.

I've sold off my K5 and been playing with my Xterra some more so that freed up some time for the truck as well.

Trying to decide how to proceed with the EVO delete. My p/s pump is fine so I hate to replace it but I don't want to spend $70 for the GM bypass kit either. I think I might just pull the pump to reseal the pressure solenoid but leave it unplugged for the time being.

Otherwise, A/C has discharged from disuse and the front dome and map lights have stopped working as well...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Front end can sag with a worn out ball joint, happened to my 1500. Jack up the LCA and see if it goes up a bit before it takes the knuckle with.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Front end can sag with a worn out ball joint, happened to my 1500. Jack up the LCA and see if it goes up a bit before it takes the knuckle with.
It's got fairly new lower ball joints on it. I replaced them when I bought it to pass inspection. Thanks for the idea though.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys. Up to 295k miles right now. Still going pretty strong.

I completely rebuilt the steering system last year, looks like I'm going to have to rebuild the steering shaft or replace it with an XJ one.

Also, you guys who have stripped out a crew cab, how do the front dome light wires route? My front dome and map lights have quit working.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys. Up to 295k miles right now. Still going pretty strong.

I completely rebuilt the steering system last year, looks like I'm going to have to rebuild the steering shaft or replace it with an XJ one.

Also, you guys who have stripped out a crew cab, how do the front dome light wires route? My front dome and map lights have quit working.
Mine have also quit working as well in the front of my ccsb and if you figure it out I’d like to know the cause as well. I used a tester and there’s definitely no power at the dome light. I wonder if it’s common on these trucks?