“Hard Life”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sarnold75

Reaction score
With the new tires felt a vibration between 50 and 55 then went away. Found passenger front upper ball joint bad. Played hell getting it out but done.

You must be registered for see images attach

sarnold75

Reaction score
Then took it down the road to test and hear a metallic noise from the rear. Guess seals and bearings were feeling neglected. So have that going for me.

sarnold75

Reaction score
What a PIA!!!!! But done. If anyone is going at this for the first time prepare for a battle. Original seal lips are recessed into axle housing. I tried pulling both bearing and seal together. Fail as you see bearings on the ground when race broke from 3 jaw slide hammer. Speaking of that get the puller with the pivot bar. So went brute force and got seal to come free. Then 3 or 4 smacks with slide and old bearings out. Also the set tool from AZ while good thought to design being adjustable would not keep position after every hit with the 3lb hammer. Again switch tactics and use 36mm hub socket to set bearings and tappity tap tap on seals. So get everything back in and cleaning diff cover and hole gets bigger. Luckily found one for $35. Used green tube permitex for diff cover and mobile 1 (2 quarts) and a tube of limited slip additive. Road test and no vibration anymore and no rearend grind. Crown Black and Coke to celebrate another life extension to the old girl.

2001ZR2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t been successful with taking about the seal and hub together. Once made my son and his friend look bad after 3 hours of trying I popped the seal out and had the bearing out in about 5 minutes

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New headlight assembly’s came in today now waiting on all the led’s to show up. Stopped by tire place and have appointment for next Thursday. Set of Americus rugged m/t 315/75/16 (35x12.50x26). Wanted wider but would have to get bigger rims and just not ready to drop another grand on wheels.

I have these in a 265/75r16 and its the best tire ive had on my truck it rides very smooth and mine are 10 ply