zddp additive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy has a Tbucket with a really nice 454 big block running a 600+ lift cam with mechanical flat tappet lifters and he runs regular ol oil off the shelf. I asked him if he thought he might should run something special with ZDDP but he said he hasn't had any trouble so far and hadn't with any of his other solid lifter projects. I think he shifts around 6-6500 RPM most of the time but I would have to check back with him.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil additives = Horrible idea... Oil manufactures design their additive packages a certain way and then you go and add x-brand additive that is it's own additive package :nono: That's like mixing a quart of Pennzoil with your Mobile 1.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil additives = Horrible idea... Oil manufactures design their additive packages a certain way and then you go and add x-brand additive that is it's own additive package :nono: That's like mixing a quart of Pennzoil with your Mobile 1.

Oil additives........
You must be registered for see images attach

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
OK well keep on using your cheap oil and I'll keep adding snake oil and let me know when you hit 310K. And those online oil tests are not very good and don't prove anything to me. We are talking about specifically 350 tbi engines here and nothing else.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who's using cheap oil? I'm running Royal Purple HMX full syn and filter... I see know reason at all to use an additive :shrug:

Oil additives: Designed by a company to modify the chemical properties of oil made by other companies. Universal fit too... I wonder what could possibly go wrong with this idea?

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my snake oil, BG moa every oil change, BG 44k once a year, and BG cf5 every oil change. 169 on the ticker still running stock injection system, and when I pull my valve cover or ever open up my motor I nearly piss my pants with how clean it is.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I try to only run chevron with techron, more fish oil, love me some snake oil, like a big set of milk cannons!