zddp additive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone use a zddp additive with there oil changes? Said to be good for the 350 TBI

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes when I didn't have a catalytic converter. Now I just use Mobil 1 high mileage 5w30 it has 1000 ppm zinc.

Thats what I was thinking about trying, right now I use Castrol GTX high mileage which is a syn blend, no leaks or oil useage issues, not sure about going full syn with 255k miles

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Meh, do it. I have 310k+ your engine will thank you.

The Chevy dealer sells acdelco oil filters for $5 out the door, you can't beat that.

I buy M1 high mileage 5w30 at Walmart for $23 I believe.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Meh, do it. I have 310k+ your engine will thank you.

The Chevy dealer sells acdelco oil filters for $5 out the door, you can't beat that.

I buy M1 high mileage 5w30 at Walmart for $23 I believe.

Lol ya, thats why im leaning towards it but don't wanna get some massive leak I mean on the blend its fine so full syn should be ok, and yup thats what I do run the AC Delco filter, alotta people say its not that great but could never really get a 100% positive on a filter to use lol

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Don't. You've got some researching to do if you think adding any additives to engine oil could be beneficial.