WRITEUP: GM Remote MOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Wonder if it would work with my remote start?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
^ It might.

This is good information to have. I will have to do it if mine starts acting up, mine is fairly new so it still works fine.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm the same as Jolly Green. Noticed my remote just wasn't really working. Sometimes I'll have to stand there like an idiot and walk around the truck pressing the button a million times before it will unlock...I have an Autopage alarm system that's been on the truck a loooong time. It's amazing what all I've put this remote through and it still works. I replaced the battery and it didn't increase in strength. Then a couple days ago I noticed it wasn't wanting to work at all....Then randomly today it started working normal again???? I think something must be going on with the little board inside with the connection but I have no idea with that type stuff. This mod looks awesome. Welcome to the site by the way but sounds like I need to go ahead and figure this remote problem out first.

In this picture you can see how the contract points all dirty, resulting in me having to push pretty hard on the button just to get it to work.
Throughout this whole MOD cleaning the contact points made the biggest difference.
You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea dang it I opened it up just happenes to have electric parts cleaner and it disnt make no differwnce. It lights up red and everything I know its gwttin power it jist wont work. Randomly yesterday it worked amazing for 10 mins then went back to nothing :nono: I can take a pic of the insidw of mine.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Yea dang it I opened it up just happenes to have electric parts cleaner and it disnt make no differwnce. It lights up red and everything I know its gwttin power it jist wont work. Randomly yesterday it worked amazing for 10 mins then went back to nothing :nono: I can take a pic of the insidw of mine.

Let's see what you got. Also include any part/model #'s

narizon

Reaction score
Nice,will try this ASAP with my '89 controllers.

Do you guy's think it will work with a OEM Ford Explorer controller?The controller for the wife's wagon is acting up.Only works from like 4 feet away.