Lock Actuator Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepbyrd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1999 Chevy Suburban K1500 w/keyless entry

i’m still working through getting everything working on the truck. Over the past week I have started door by door fixing issues, lubricating the window tracks, and anything else that I see. I decided since the truck was almost 24 years old and a couple of the lock actuators were being slow and sluggish, to replace them all. They’ve worked fine over the past couple of days. Every time I finish a door, I will check the windows and the power locks to make sure that they worked. I also checked that I could manually lock the doors. On the two front doors replace the key cylinders and I also checked to make sure they both locked and unlocked the door yesterday I went out to the truck and noticed an odd smell inside. I didn’t think about it at the time because I’ve had my daughter clean the windows and some other stains so I just figured it was the cleaning materials. When I later went to lock the doors, the driver side door would lock and unlock, but none of the other doors would lock. The drivers door is the only one that works. The rest of the doors are stuck in the unlocked position. I can’t manually lock them and the passenger front door. The key will no longer work. It’s like I’m pushing against something. Same with the manual locks. I even disconnected the battery to see if they were receiving a constant signal to unlock.

before I forget, new Dorman switches for all the doors. that was another thing that I did in each door due to the switches being acting “flaky”.

The actuators were from Amazon, did I just get a bad batch or is there something else I need to be looking into?