Windshield Wiper malfunctioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is what the wiper motor looks like. I have never seen this style of motor on any other truck before

You must be registered for see images attach

Like my first post said I went through like 5 different pulse boards for this style motor, didn't fix it. The junkyard has plenty of this style motor, just look sometime, I bet you'll find this style motor somewhere.

maybe 1988 - 1990

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the filter looking piece in-line with the windshield wiper fluid hose, right beside of the pump coming out of the reservoir is? I would have a picture but I took it out because it broke in half and can't find it. It doesn't seem to affect the spray coming onto the windshield itself.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the filter looking piece in-line with the windshield wiper fluid hose, right beside of the pump coming out of the reservoir is? I would have a picture but I took it out because it broke in half and can't find it. It doesn't seem to affect the spray coming onto the windshield itself.

I would imagine its a filter so the spray nozzels dont clog up

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were a filter, why wouldn't it be before the pump itself. You know to keep the pump from sucking in non-fluids, eh but what do i know. lol

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is what the wiper motor looks like. I have never seen this style of motor on any other truck before

You must be registered for see images attach

That's what mine looks like. I bought a new acdelco wiper pulse board to change because mine was having the same problem. I just assumed all had the pulse board so I didn't pay much attention to it. Then I pop my hood this afternoon and find it doesn't work. So now I have this part that won't work so I guess I'll have to send it back to rock auto. I'm not sure what to do now!