Windshield Wiper malfunctioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksalling

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 91 and the only wiper problems I ever had were fixed by replacing the motor and control unit with brand new.... never had any problems since (knock on wood)

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
hows your grounds straps. when i bought my truck wipers would turn on when i turned on headlights, or go when i changed the radio and wiring wasnt tampered with. i had no ground straps and had tons of electrical grmelins, fixed the strap and everything was perfect.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
passenger side head to firewall, frame rail to firewall. theres two. i had electrical gremlins up the wazoo, turn my wipers on and my radio would shut off all sorts of fancy stuff. figured out i had no ground straps, so i ordered a set from mean green. best investment yet.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Im still a little confused. Is it part of the wiring that comes out of the connector?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
no it takes resistance out of your wiring. they look like braided steel bands. not related to your wiper motor but if they arent functioning proplerly they can cause many electrical issues.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to check my straps out. We have some at work for grain bin stir-ators, so I'll ask to have some if mine are bad.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was told that this style pulse board isn't manufactured anymore so only place to find another older style motor is a junkyard. which is where all mine have been found.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking of heading to the junkyard and possibly picking up a different style motor but I haven't had the time yet. When I do I'll let you know if it worked.

I finally got around to getting the other style motor and it works fine now. I would defiantly try to change yours out to the newer style motor. I can't believe it worked, You don't understand how happy this makes me, you know not ever having fully functioning wipers since I bought the truck. :lol: