Windshield Wiper malfunctioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IVe changed the boards in mine and it still does it once in awhile. I just play with them a couple times and they go back down

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the other style motor bolt right up in the same place or do I have to drill holes? How do I fix the one I have?!

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:crazy:Aww common guys the trucks aren't malfunctioning. It's just the early 90's implementation of rain-sense tech.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 2 different style motors bolt up. no modding of any sort needed to the truck. I would try the newer style motor, it worked in mine, maybe it'll work in yours!

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not eleven sure what to do to the one I have now! So I guess I'll try and find one at a junkyard or buy a new one. How much headache to change it out?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Most often, the wiper boards fail because of cold solder joints.

I've fixed up a couple with nothing more than a soldering iron on the contacts and a dab of fresh solder...

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best bet is to look at junkyard damn near 75% of the trucks have the newer style wiper motor. All you need is a 13mm open end wrench(I think) and some sort of screwdriver to take the cowl off. There are 3 10mm screws holding the motor in place and one 13mm(?) nut under the cowl to disconnect from the wiper arm assembly. Electrical connections are the same. Maybe 30 minutes tops, not sure how long considering I had to fix my wiper arm position, because I effed it up a year ago trying to figure out the wiper malfunction in the process.