Will Switchback LEDs be a problem if.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Its either the bulbs or flasher. Try an ep 29 flasher they are only like 15 bucks if that dont fix it Im lost would guess wiring but thats kinda what my truck did when I switched to leds

Not being a smartass but is all the bulbs in the tails good?

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I mean every exterior bulb is on..I put the regular 194 bulbs in the corners to see if hyperflash would stop, it didn't. So I put my LED bulbs in the corners which don't look any cooler anyway SO I have some old regular bulbs laying around I'm going to swap those in and the regular 194's again and see if it goes away....I'll report back. If that doesn't work I will try the flasher next. Just praying it's not "the wiring" because then it's a huge general problem that I'm not going to fix.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ALRIGHT went out and exchanged silverstar parking lights for the regular old orange ones I kept, along with changed the LED 194 corners to the regular filament ones I bought today and IT DOES THE SAME EXACT THING IT DID BEFORE....If I have the lights off, truck on and hit the turn signals the inner parking light on each side will blink along with each corner so that seems normal, BUT when I have the lights on the driver's side will blink fine the corner and inner light will blink, but the passenger side only the little 194 corner light will blink.....Parking lights on the pass side will just stay on...no blinking...

SO. What's next? Replace the flasher? What are the chances that could be it? Also, what is the normal flash sequence on these gm400's? If you turn on a blinker, is only the inner parking light suppose to blink? That's what I'm getting except for when the lights are on the passenger side will just stay on and only that little corner bulb will blink...Please help me out. Brake/ Tails, all work....

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
k both parking lights and the corner should blink it should p light c light the flasher is basically a relay and they can go out

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Start checking ground wires, bro. No joke. Had a problem just as weird as yours in both my tails. Turn signals would work fine with headlights+Parking lights off, but when either or both were on, tails would have a weird kind of hyperflash. They would turn ON for a fraction of what they should, and stay off for a looong time between blinks. turned out to be one corroded ground wire, and one ground covered in dirt and mud.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so where are these ground wires? Can they be found behind the parking light lenses when I remove them? Also, is there still a good chance it's the flasher relay thing? I don't wanna go waste $10 on one if it isn't....

And dev yea only my driver inner and corner bulbs flash...unless the lights are off then only both inner parking light bulbs and corners flash...

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Unfortunately, i can't tell you where the ground for the front lights are, since i have no idea. Hopefully someone else knows so you can get it checked quickly.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Griffin if I paint my corners the color of my truck what type of parking lamps would look good? Smoked or clear ones? I'm thinking clear? :help: