Will Switchback LEDs be a problem if.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took me less than an hour to wire in some resistors. No more turbo-charged flashing!

Right but I don't have any exterior LEDz going on yet so I don't need resistors.

I am interested in how and where you change the flashers?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The flasher unit is under the dash, somewhere, on the left side of the steering column, if I remember right. Might be round or square, but about an inch or so tall. Silver. Just unplugs with a tug. Has 3 or 4 prongs. Been a long time since I changed one, so I'm relying on memory, which ain't what it used to be.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay I figured it was something like that but I just replace the one prong thing and it replaces both the flashers correct?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Sewlow is correct, under the dash between steering column and kick panel, also your corner lights is why you have hyper flash, they are part of your turn signals and when one signal light is out you in turn get hyper flash

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I check my lights all the time, without even getting out of the truck. Find a shopping center @ night. Check all the lights in the reflections. While your stopped, of course.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The flasher under the drivers side of the dash look under there you will some relays and such. With your truck being a 95 it should take an EP29 flasher. Way easier then wiring in resistors

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
So are the switchbacks plug and play or do you have to have some sort of resistor?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You might, or might not. Won't know till you plug 'em in, but you probably do. Or use a flasher unit specifically for LED use.
Because my '98 has aftermarket LED bumper lights in a complete unit, I only had to wire in one resistor per side.
My '97 has crystal lenses with two LED bulbs per side, I had to wire in two resistors per side. One for each bulb. The resistors I hard wired in. (not clipped in) They are wired between the pos. & neg. wires going to each bulb.
The flasher unit is the quick & easy way to get the LED's to work properly, but I didn't find this out until after I had already installed the resistors.