Why so many 400s leaving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Hahaha yes. Google is a main app I use. I'm the spell checker of the house. Both mom and sister are dyslexic and ask me to spell stuff all the time.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
My dad's dyslexic and left handed, I like to remind him about how bad he was ****** on that.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
i have 2, a 88 rcsb and a 98 cclb dually, my 88 was a 7200gvw 3/4 ton long box 5.7/sm465/np241 that i swapped to a short box and solid axled with 1 tons , a big block and 2wd th400 with divorced 205, the 98 has a 6.5 with 30k on the motor and 274k on the body and paln on keeping them a long long time.
the dually gets solid axled next with dodge suspension and may get a duramax conversion and the 88 i am building even bigger on alcohol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice! Need more pics of your trucks!

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
So he's a groundbreaker? :cool: I did most of my research inside forums, and rarely google searching as surprising as that is.

there were 2 others on ps back when doing a sas was really starting to take off, they had used the oru kits and i was building my second sas and using stock gm parts, i had my first one done long before any of that and it also used gm parts but was a different design.
this was my first sas truck

it used the hangers from a 73-87 chevy for the springs
i built it at the end of june in 99, started at noon on friday and had it done at 1am in time to drive it into milwaukee that saturday morning for the nascar races.

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
i built it at the end of june in 99, started at noon on friday and had it done at 1am in time to drive it into milwaukee that saturday morning for the nascar races.
Oh snap, you're local... this gives me terrible ideas.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
I thought about trading my Sub for awhile. I looked for a low mileage gmt800 ccsb something under 100k miles. They want like $20k for one around here and only want to give like $3k for the Sub. I'm not doing that! I like not having a payment and my truck is worth alot more than that to me. I will wait. I am waiting on a family member to upgrade trucks and I will buy his 2000
ccsb from him. So it's got over 200k on the clock but it's what I really want. GMT400 for a long time here!!!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Ive had 2 oobs 4 obs's and 1 nbs I loved the 5.3 but went back to obs's after the nbs they are my fav comfy interior and so cheap and easy to work. i would however like to have a dd dmax but my truck would still be in the drive if I got one

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
there were 2 others on ps back when doing a sas was really starting to take off, they had used the oru kits and i was building my second sas and using stock gm parts, i had my first one done long before any of that and it also used gm parts but was a different design.
this was my first sas truck
it used the hangers from a 73-87 chevy for the springs

NASCAR races and sas's. You sir, are an official badass, although many others before me have said that I'm sure.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Love your truck btw. I think it's the perfect candidate for an LSX 454 / T-56 magnum swap. BTW my first REAL truck was a 91 Chevy RCSB Sport (what me and my wife dated in), it's the reason I got the SS.

Yeah, my all time favorite truck since I was like 5 is the 454ss. Started off cause my uncle had this truck. So as I grew up. I wanted his. But I slowl ylearn about the truck from hell, 454ss, fell inlove with it. Hoping by the next year or two, ill own an all numbers matching, original everything(hard as hell to find. But want one) big plans for this sport though. Don't want to clown it, so it was born with a 350, it'll stay this way. But bored out of course...