Where does your exhaust exit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with doing dual exhaust for aesthetic reasons if that's what you want.

I just get a giggle when guys point to a "true dual" exhaust (where the hell did that goofy "true" thing come from anyways?) on an essentially stock truck and then start talking about horsepower, backpressure, flow, etc...sheesh, dude.

Then I ask them what happens if they get a flat tire and they get all pissed off and don't want to talk anymore.

I don't even have to get in to engine theory!

:rofl:

I have true duals. No lie lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with doing dual exhaust for aesthetic reasons if that's what you want.

I just get a giggle when guys point to a "true dual" exhaust (where the hell did that goofy "true" thing come from anyways?) on an essentially stock truck and then start talking about horsepower, backpressure, flow, etc...sheesh, dude.

Then I ask them what happens if they get a flat tire and they get all pissed off and don't want to talk anymore.

I don't even have to get in to engine theory!

:rofl:

Hahah I agree, an exhaust system on a street truck should never be done in expectation for any type of horsepower gains (or MPG gains, I've heard people say they want a dual for that before)

The exhaust (for my truck) completed the look of it to me. The stock exhaust looked so ugly and I really liked the tips my flowmaster kit came with

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Hahah I agree, an exhaust system on a street truck should never be done in expectation for any type of horsepower gains (or MPG gains, I've heard people say they want a dual for that before)

The exhaust (for my truck) completed the look of it to me. The stock exhaust looked so ugly and I really liked the tips my flowmaster kit came with

Im more so going for sound im not a huge fan Of seeing exhaust but I do like this
You must be registered for see images attach

Adam

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Im more so going for sound im not a huge fan Of seeing exhaust but I do like this
You must be registered for see images attach

Adam

Those are cool. Sound is a huge statement and shouldn't be overlooked IMO. I think it tells a lot about the owner of the truck. Sometimes a more discrete exhaust exit is a good thing and it usually looks good (especially beats gaudy exhaust tips).. For my truck though I had to go with the dual exit past the rear tires exiting to the sides. I thought it made my truck look good

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See, that's what I don't get.

You have dual exhaust or you don't.

Always seemed kind of simple to me.

Well I literally have the true duals. I have downpipe from driver sure that crosses over and goes back to a glasspack and the passenger side drops down and then goes back to a glasspack. If I keep this style I'm going to end up with a custom made true dual to a di/do magnaflow then out the back with some 20" stainless rolled edge tips. I've always liked them. If not keep that I'm getting a factory downpipe (y-pipe) then doing single all the way back to a si/do magnaflow and the same tips straight out the back or shorter tips out the sides like factory duals (the way I feel duals would come factory if they did)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To fit dual exhaust, most trucks I've seen have the spare removed.

No space for it anymore.

That's dumb. I have been able to keep my spare on all mine I've ran duals on. I usually go out the sides like I did on this truck or out the back but I go to the edges not right beside the hitch. I can see if you wanted it right beside the hitch the spare would have to go...