Where does your exhaust exit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Into the interior. Seriously.. I am sucking fumes big-time in this truck, and I have no idea where from. The seals are good all the way around, the firewall is tight. I have to drive it with the windows down, or I get light-headed.

Dude be careful. Haha. Have the truck idling and run your hand all across the piping (not too close to it, maybe 1-1/2"-2" away from the pipe), to find the leak. That's how I found four or five alone the welds on mine. When you find a leak, It'll be a little puff against your hand. Won't be hot. But If you want to play it safe, use a piece of paper and just drag it along the piping. Also check the flanges. Both of mine were incredibly loose, had to buy all new bolts.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to do that, but I've got a weird thing about symmetry, they can't both come out the same side haha. I'm thinking of doing a Tahoe fuel tank swap so I can exit both sides in front of the tires

Well when it comes to #s and symmetry type stuff I'm OCD as hell so I know what you mean. I remember when I took my truck to an exhaust shop to fix a tailpipe hanger and I was standing behind it making sure the guy made the tip level with the other tip even after telling then guy I wanted them even lol. But what I suggest is just one of those things I would over time get used to. I would rather have one come out each side, but like you said the fuel tank is sort of in the way on the driver side lol. I don't think I would be able to handle having a single exhaust, so if something has stock single exhaust that would be the first thing I'd have to change on a new vehicle lol.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Well when it comes to #s and symmetry type stuff I'm OCD as hell so I know what you mean. I remember when I took my truck to an exhaust shop to fix a tailpipe hanger and I was standing behind it making sure the guy made the tip level with the other tip even after telling then guy I wanted them even lol. But what I suggest is just one of those things I would over time get used to. I would rather have one come out each side, but like you said the fuel tank is sort of in the way on the driver side lol. I don't think I would be able to handle having a single exhaust, so if something has stock single exhaust that would be the first thing I'd have to change on a new vehicle lol.

x2 on that. No truck I get ever keeps stock exhaust, even ones I buy just to fix and flip!

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
x2 on that. No truck I get ever keeps stock exhaust, even ones I buy just to fix and flip!

I'm the same way LOL! My 95 gmt400 has a Spintech 3000 series 3" all the way out to the back. Although it is made to look as stock as possible. You know it's not when I fire it up and especially when I get on it on the road LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
22" long Cherry Bomb stainless 3" tips. Clamped on for now. Will weld them on soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cat back 2 1/4" dual in/dual out Flowmaster 50 series with 2 1/4" tail pipes and the above mentioned tips.

1977_chevyman

Reaction score

this is true dual 2.5 in with long tube headers down to 2 slp resanators to 2 magnaflow mufflers to 2 6in tips that are slash cut turned to the side of the bed behind the rear tires. It had a h pipe but I had to cut it out when i put it on my step side cuz that truck is a 5 speed and the other truck that it was on was a auto.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine go from headers,no cats to 40 series flow masters with turn downs before the axle.

Last edited: