Wheels/tire clearance?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I currently have 3in blocks in the rear and cranked the torsion bars to level it out. I'm getting ready to purchase 20x9 wheels with 0mm offset. And the tires are 35x12.50. I was wondering if anybody has ran this setup and how much rubbing would happen. I figured on it rubbing a little which is fine but I don't want to have to do any trimming on the bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know anyone who has done it, but I don't think a lot of trimming would be required because of the 0mm offset rims you'll be running, but I'm not an expert by any means. I've heard of people supposedly getting 35s "stock". My guess is the truck was rusted out and didn't have wheel wells to worry about clearing or rubbing. I've also heard of people running 35s with a block and crank like you have, but I don't know the amount of trimming that was necessary, if any.

Hope this helped a little..?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
lol, you wont be able to clear them, i think you will be feeling silly when you go over a bump and slice up your really expensive tires, and no they wont replace that under warranty, I tried. I had just 6" lift on 35's for while and I was rubbing on trails. With less thank half that amount of lift i think you will be sorry. I am sure its possible to make them fit for slow street cruising with some cutting.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I currently have 3in blocks in the rear and cranked the torsion bars to level it out. I'm getting ready to purchase 20x9 wheels with 0mm offset. And the tires are 35x12.50. I was wondering if anybody has ran this setup and how much rubbing would happen. I figured on it rubbing a little which is fine but I don't want to have to do any trimming on the bumpers

My friend had that and he ended up putting a 3 in body

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
IIRC the stock wheels are +12s. Tire is more than likely gonna eat fender when you flex. My wheels on my 3/4 ton are +22s.