94 k1500 wheel size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Figuarus

Reaction score
I actually have a set of 15" wheels from my old 64 C10. The issue is that they are pretty narrow and do not fit the truck as they have a deep drop center profile. I took a picture of the wheel with the beauty ring and dish cap on and photoshopped it onto my truck. Im just hoping to get some help finding a stock wheel from other years in 15" or perhaps even 16" that would allow me to use the dish caps. All the aftermarket wheels that I have found wont allow me to use the caps I want.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that the OEM 4WD GMT400 wheels have a very "front-wheel-drive" offset to them. It would be worth researching.

Are you sure you want to trade that away so you can have the hubcaps you prefer?

"I" would rather have reliable front wheel bearings.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You would have to find a 73 to 85 steel wheel from the square body generation. There 15" for sure.
Look at this link..
Ive never owned a square body chevy, but i believe there 15x7 or 8
Maybe @HotWheelsBurban knows more?
Square Body trucks(73-87, 73-91 on the SUVs and crew cabs) used a 15" wheel on the K models (half tons only). As far as I know, the 20/30 series trucks (3/4 & 1 ton) used a 16.5 wheel, then at some point they switched to a 16". Those are going to be 8 lugs though. The K10/K15 used a 15" that is 6 lugs. These were available in a plain steel wheel with the bumps for the dog dish hubcaps, and an optional aluminum wheel with a concave face and 8 holes in it (but still a 6 lug wheel). There's also a "truck rallye" wheel that's a "styled" steel wheel (what they called them in the brochures). These are 15"x 8" usually, may be 15x7 versions too.
Because of the popularity of everything Square Body, and the fact that all GM trucks before 1971 were 6 lugs(half tons anyway), and the lack of much aftermarket choice in 6 lug wheels years ago, though, these factory alloy wheels (what the aluminum wheels are called in the brochures) and Rallyes are harder to find, and often pricey when you do find them.
The standard white steel wheel for the dog dish caps should be easier to find.....
Hopefully this helps enlighten you!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Square Body trucks(73-87, 73-91 on the SUVs and crew cabs) used a 15" wheel on the K models (half tons only). As far as I know, the 20/30 series trucks (3/4 & 1 ton) used a 16.5 wheel, then at some point they switched to a 16". Those are going to be 8 lugs though. The K10/K15 used a 15" that is 6 lugs. These were available in a plain steel wheel with the bumps for the dog dish hubcaps, and an optional aluminum wheel with a concave face and 8 holes in it (but still a 6 lug wheel). There's also a "truck rallye" wheel that's a "styled" steel wheel (what they called them in the brochures). These are 15"x 8" usually, may be 15x7 versions too.
Because of the popularity of everything Square Body, and the fact that all GM trucks before 1971 were 6 lugs(half tons anyway), and the lack of much aftermarket choice in 6 lug wheels years ago, though, these factory alloy wheels (what the aluminum wheels are called in the brochures) and Rallyes are harder to find, and often pricey when you do find them.
The standard white steel wheel for the dog dish caps should be easier to find.....
Hopefully this helps enlighten you!
I figured you knew more about this. I would of never known all that. Did the dog dish just fit over the lugnuts or is there a piece missing to mount?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I figured you knew more about this. I would of never known all that. Did the dog dish just fit over the lugnuts or is there a piece missing to mount?
No, it fits around the bumps on the wheel face. They don't use caps like that on our trucks....

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock torsion keys maxxed out and 2” Rear Blocks. You can buy 15” barts rims all day online for about $100 bucks each and the Mastercrafts online I think I paid $90 bucks each.
where did you find the tires for 100 at, also did the maxxed out torsion keys make your ride stiffer or more uncomfortable at all?