What's your sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of system do ya'll have in your trucks?

I'll go first.

Drivers:
Rockford Fosgate Power T1650 coaxial door speakers
Rockford Fosgate Power T1460 Coaxial rear speakers
JL Audio 10w1v2-4 Subwoofer x2
Stock Tweets

Amps:
Alpine 3526 20x4 RMS 60x4 Peak Mids/Highs
Kicker dx700 350x1 @ 4 700x1 @ 2 Subs

Misc:
Clarion EQS746 7 band equalizer

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ I remember my stock speakers. I had to swap them out when I got my truck. the paper cones were ******.

Still played, just sounded like crap.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
HU: Pioneer DEH-X6500BT
Front/Rear Doors: DB Drive 6.5"
Rear Cargo: Pioneer 4x10"

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you like them? I've heard good about their component sets but nothing on their coax

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Headunit- Pioneer, not sure model

Crappy aftermarket door speaks

Subs- Alpine bassline 10s x2

Amp- Kenwood 500w (baught as a special, upgrading soon)

Box- Bassworx custom fit for gmt400s. Sealed, Front fire

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
How do you like them? I've heard good about their component sets but nothing on their coax

The DB's? I like them. They sound better than anything I've ever owned. Same with the Pioneers. Mind you I'm no audio geek, so my idea of good is quite subjective & relative to my "taste" if you will. I think about the only thing I'd like to add to the system is a little subwoofer and amp under the middle seat, not to thump, but to supply the lower tones, you know?

As an example of what I'm talking about, let me tell a quick story. I have a little stereo setup in my garage/shop. The receiver is an old Jensen tape deck I took out of my Chevelle (which was my father's...RIP Dad). I wired it to an AC-DC converter to supply power, and have a length of #8 wire spliced onto the antenna input on the deck, running to a tall steel pole outside the shop. I've had four speakers hooked up to it for some time. Two are little Sony bookshelf speakers with probably a midrange speaker, and two are 3 way Pyle 6x9's in enclosures. Don't ask me why I EVER bought anything with the name Pyle on it. Seriously. Anyways, set up along the ceiling in all 4 corners of my shop, they sound pretty good for what they are, and work to my liking just fine. The cheap 5.1 surround sound system I had in my living room partially crapped out a couple months ago, but the subwoofer still worked. I got to thinking about the subwoofer and took it in the shop, plugged it in, and hooked up the red/white RCA's on the head unit to the inputs on the subwoofer. The sound in my garage improved 1000%.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For sure. Adding a sub makes the sound experience exponentially better. With a proper lpf/hpf and good crossover you get excellent soy d out of what is usually regarded as ****** speakers. My setup is leaned towards sq. If I want to go for spl I have a fiberglass and mdf box with two sundown e10s and a apcl1000 in my garage.