No Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ext cab K1500, with aftermarket Rockford Fosgate speakers wired to a 4 channel amp, also have a monoblock amp for 2 subs. neither amp is getting power. The radio powers on fine, just no audio at all. Thoughts?
Thanks

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I have my amp wired directly to my aux. battery and the signal wire to the head unit.Amp comes on when I turn the radio on.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be a few different things. Stuff to check would include the remote wire (tells the amps to turn on), the power wire off the battery, and the grounds.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
About the same as I did, I think. :lol:

Audio issues are kind of like computer issues, hard to explain and diagnose over the internet. Unless you've got it in front of you to look it, things can be tough.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
About the same as I did, I think. :lol:

Audio issues are kind of like computer issues, hard to explain and diagnose over the internet. Unless you've got it in front of you to look it, things can be tough.
Can we say you ''fine tuned'' my post? lol

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an ext cab K1500, with aftermarket Rockford Fosgate speakers wired to a 4 channel amp, also have a monoblock amp for 2 subs. neither amp is getting power. The radio powers on fine, just no audio at all. Thoughts?
Thanks

I would find a way to intercept the speaker outputs from the head unit into a pair of cheap speakers. This could allow you to check for the presence of a signal from the head unit .

You could also find a signal source to plug into the amp input instead of the head unit. Inject a tone and you can find out if the amp is working. My bet would be something blown in the head unit .. is there a fuse on the output?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
An easy thing to check would be the settings in the head unit. Some of them have settings to enable/disable the pre-outs, and some of those will enable/disable the remote wire signal in conjunction with the pre-outs. Another thing that I've seen (although very rarely) is the internal fuse in the head unit for the remote wire blowing. That one sucks, as it's not something most people can replace themselves.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the amps are connected directly to the battery. And I was just playing music as usual and all of a sudden I had no audio. Maybe I did blow the fuse in the head unit? It's a double din, I just had put it a few months ago