What will i have to do to take out the AC in my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
would i have to get a new heater core, one for without ac?
really looking forward to taking out those evap lines as well
what about the radiator? would i need a new one that is for without ac?

not sure on the heater core thing however I wouldn't think you would need a new one. and no you won't need a new radiator the condenser is in front of the radiator actually looks like a mini radiator

sent from the eskanalierra lol

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
@all the people talking about the weather, i've lived here my whole life, it doesn't bother me,.....the weather here is no concern of yours....

looking for advice and help to make my truck, MINE, and not be judged, thank you

No need to get your panties in a wad. Just do what you want to do. A piece of advice though, don't be surprised that people give their opinions on message boards. It's sort of the idea.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
leave the evap canister, your taking out the ac cannister on the passnger side firewall, all the lines and the condensor up front, the pulley will need an ac delete puley which you can get on rock auto for cheap. and take out the remainder of the lines you disconnected unplug a thing or two and ziptie it out of the way and viola. not hassling but leave everything in tact. you are from texas where people not use to the heat like ac so if you ever sell the truck itd be a nice selling point to put everything back in tact and just be able to recharge it.

oh and make sure you dont have any refirgerant in the lines or anything anymore, that stuff is bad news so make sure its out before you start taking off lines and such.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
@ Swims350, its a the horseshoe one i believe, it just looks a lil stubbier than a regular horseshoe, and i have purchases the dorman help a/c bypass pulley already for it and it has the six grooves i need, but what else do i have to change and what can i just plain old take out all together?

@bow65109, correct for the extra power... i don't ever use it anyway

@all the people talking about the weather, i've lived here my whole life, it doesn't bother me,.....the weather here is no concern of yours....

looking for advice and help to make my truck, MINE, and not be judged, thank you

We aren't judging. If you post on a public board obviously there are going to be a few wondering why you want to take it out completely. It's just odd, and I know you know that.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
So i wanna take out my AC from my 1990 chevy cheyenne, i never use it, and i always just roll the windows down anyways.
What i need to know is, what is required to do this, and what will i have to replace?

plus figured getting rid of that compressor isn't the worst idea.

So anyone got the know hows on this one?

If you need someone to take all that a/c junk off your hands I would love to reinstall mine.

-Adam

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
"Proper" would be to take it to a shop and have them purge the system and capture the refrigerant.