AC Issues. Actuator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twebuh

Reaction score
I just finished replacing all AC components under the hood (Compressor, drier, condenser, orifice tube, even the main line ontop of the compressor). I went to fill up with a can using my gauges and it only takes maybe 8oz of freon. The gauges read 50psi I think. Barely a 1/4 the way up the gauge. The truck had been sitting for a few years before I bought it in a field for some contex. I replaced my blower motor and resistor since when I went to turn the fan on the selector, nothing happened (I also tested it with a power probe once I removed the old blower motor). So now I have all those new components. All I have left are the heater core and evap core. I really don't want to do them lol. So I go to turn on the fan aaaand it blows out of just about every blend door. Most powerful at the floor, then defrost, then the main face vents. My initial thought was that I should just drop the entire HVAC box and replace every acuator, I saw that the recirc acuator is really burried in there requiring you to remove it anyway. I replaced my blend door acuator behind the cig lighters but nothing changed. Also, my acuator that came off had 6 pins, all replacments ones have different variations of pins but not all 6. Does it matter? Or are some of the pins not used on the oem one. Really weird that they aren't the same.

My two questions are, do you think my evap core is clogged causing me to not be able to fill up all the way on freon and how should I go about fixing the blend door issue.

1999 C2500 5.7

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New AC parts. Did you pull vacuum on the system to check for leaks and remove existing moisture? You didn't say. Added correct type / amount oil for 134.?
Fan blows through outlets. Blend door mixes warm and cool for comfort not direction. The other one controls air direction, defrost, upper, lower, so forth
They all look the same, open the doors and hood there all different.
Year, make, model, eng we can't see what you have.

twebuh

Reaction score
New AC parts. Did you pull vacuum on the system to check for leaks and remove existing moisture? You didn't say. Added correct type / amount oil for 134.?
Fan blows through outlets. Blend door mixes warm and cool for comfort not direction. The other one controls air direction, defrost, upper, lower, so forth
They all look the same, open the doors and hood there all different.
Year, make, model, eng we can't see what you have.
I always forget, 1999 C2500 5.7. Yes i pulled a vacuum for almost an hour and made sure everything was good.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you start the engine, run the compressor, and blow vapor into the low-side? Or are you trying to fill the system without running the compressor?

twebuh

Reaction score
What were the low- and high-side pressures?
Low was like 45 and high was like maybe 1/4 up the gauge if I remember right. I don’t know I unfortunately didn’t take a picture. It would shoot up to those numbers and refuse to take anymore. Like how newer cars act when the ambient air temp sensor is unplugged