What will i have to do to take out the AC in my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Just leave it. You wont get any huge gains by taking all your ac components off your truck.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok first up I stopped reading all the BS....

soo....

NO new heater core, No new radiator.

I removed the compressor, the lines, the can from the firewall and then the core in front of my radiator. The front core can be left in place, but removed it allows for more air flow thru the rad to improve cooling. Your radiator is already setup to work with the core in place so if it cools fine now it will still if the core is left in place.

I removed the silver can from the firewall and left the threaded ends sticking out of my firewall until I smoothed and painted it. Now when I did this I cut the ends off and hammered them back then filled the holes.

I never changed the heater core, never changed heater hoses, all still works just exactly the same.

In my case my pulley was froze and made the compressor drag all the time I guess. I only know this because I traded it to a fellow member for the non a/c stuff and he told me that my pulley should free spin and Mine did not.

fast_fireman

Reaction score
My compressor locked up on me today and destroyed my belt so I'm gonna delete my whole a/c system tomorrow and reading all these post do I really have to get the dummy pulley to go in place of the compressor because pricing the belt on auto zones website they offer belts for a/c or non a/c I'd rather not have the dummy pully unless for some reason there is no option

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have not seen a non a/c option for the alum. bracket setup, but there may be one. I would THINK they should or has to be a non a/c setup with alum. bracketry. but I'm unsure.

For my steel setup there is and was a non a/c setup but it required me to hunt down the right tensioner bracket and support rods/braces to make it work AND buy the shorter belt.

Honestly though if it destroyed your belt you are buying one anyways so why not just buy the same size one you have for a/c and then buy the pulley.

Check around and search online to see if you can find a non a/c belt routing diagram for the year of your truck, that is what I did and found out the bracket were different, then I hunted down a bracket to convert mine.

If there's another way to route your setup without the change of bracketry then you're in good shape, buy the non a/c belt, reroute according to the diagram, and you're done.

compnine used to have diagrams and all autoparts places should have them, so go online, goggle image search, visit the stores whatever man.