What tool set should i get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
my garage is full or craftsman tools and i love them but the local sears closed near me so when i went to buy a tool set for my truck for when i go to the junkyard i went to lowes and got a kobalt set and i will say they are nice tools so id say either craftsman for kobalt is the way to go

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always been a Craftsman guy, not sure why exactly. I'm not super mechanically inclined so I didn't need $10,000 worth of Snap-On tools. I have a red Craftsman tool chest with this http://www.sears.com/craftsman-255-pc-mechanics-tool-set-with-lift/p-00935255000P along with a 3 piece Craftsman plier set, 10 piece Philips/flathead screwdriver set, Craftsman oil filter wrench, and a 2 piece Craftsman Professional vice grip set. The vice grips were the only thing made in China. I'm very satisfied and got most of the stuff on sale around Christmas.

Reaction score
The only problem with Craftsman is that most of their new tools are made in China now. Their USA made tool sets are still on the shelf at most stores but their ratchets suck, get better ratchets and keep the sockets is what I would do.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only problem with Craftsman is that most of their new tools are made in China now. Their USA made tool sets are still on the shelf at most stores but their ratchets suck, get better ratchets and keep the sockets is what I would do.

Thats exactly what i think also

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love my craftsman set. my grandpa was a mechanic for 43 years and all he used was matco and snap on. but craftsman was his third choice.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Craftsman is doing member days right now and got some good deals on sets if you're still looking!

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Yeah, I picked up a 1/4" Craftsman Professional ratchet, socket, and extension the other day because I was in a pinch and needed them. Made in Taiwan. The regular ratchet was made in China. I think I might start buying something else from now on.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
thats cause you bought the cheap ones! the more expensive tools say made in USA! i try my best to check and get the USA ones.